BiostatisticsRequest Info About Graduate School
- Major: Biostatistics
- Degree Program: Public Health
- Program Web Site
- School of Public Health
- Degree Designation: Master's (M.P.H.)
The purpose of this degree is to provide additional training in statistical data analysis and study design generally not available with other MPH degrees.
A student who graduates with an MPH in biostatistics will be qualified to work as a biostatistician or research coordinator in research organizations such as a pharmaceutical company, contract research organization, a university, or a health department.
Delivery Methods Available
- on campus
Graduate Program Application Requirements
Applicants must arrange for official copies of transcripts and test scores to be sent directly to the WVU Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment at PO Box 6510, Morgantown, WV 26506-6510. If being sent by delivery service (Federal Express, UPS, etc) requiring a street address, please use WVU Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment, 1500 One Waterfront Place, Morgantown, WV 26501. The program requirements listed below (if any) are in addition to the main WVU Graduate Application.
- Test Requirements: GRE 150 (verbal), 155 (quantitative), 4.0 (analytical writing)
- See "Additional Information" below for other requirements
English Language Proficiency
All applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English language proficiency. WVU accepts either the TOEFL or the IELTS for this purpose. Please see Office of Admissions - English Language Proficiency for more information.
All MPH applications must be submitted through the national SOPHAS service. In addition to the application, applicants must submit to SOPHAS a statement of purpose and objectives, official GRE test scores, three letters of reference, a current resume/curriculum vitae, and all university transcripts. SOPHAS requires original transcripts from ALL U.S. institutions attended! (Even Study Abroad) Applications that are complete will then be reviewed and will be indicated in SOPHAS as accept or deny. Students will receive an e-mail from the WVU School of Public Health regarding their recommendation for acceptance and instructions to complete the WVU Graduate application and pay the $60.00 WVU application fee. Please see each Major’s website for additional application requirements.
- See more at: http://publichealth.hsc.wvu.edu/pages/admissions
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a preferred overall GPA of 3.0 and a GPA of 3.4 for quantitative courses.
• Successful completion of multivariable calculus.
• GRE scores of 150 (verbal), 155 (quantitative), 4.0 (analytical writing).
• TOEFL scores (minimum 550 paper-based) (minimum 213 computer-based).
• School of Public Health Lap Top Computer requirement
Prospective students should apply online at:
Application Priority Dates and Deadlines
- Fall Priority: April 15
WVU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.